The Wallace Alexander Gerbode Foundation, in partnership with The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, is pleased to announce a $300,000 fund for the creation and development of new dance works by California choreographers. The works are to be commissioned and produced by Bay Area nonprofit arts presenting organizations that can apply for grants of $50,000 each.
1. To accelerate the creative excellence and professional development of promising California choreographers and master artists.
2. To recognize and support Bay Area dance-presenting organizations, interdisciplinary arts organizations, and community-based arts nonprofits in their commitment to commission, develop, and produce new works by California choreographers.
3. To encourage and deepen the engagement between the choreographer(s) and the producing organization.
4. To support projects that represent the diversity and uniqueness of the Bay Area’s cultural perspectives and communities.
5. To support organizations that are deeply rooted in culturally-specific communities and have potential to deepen engagement with their communities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE Emailed application materials must be received by the Gerbode Foundation by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, November 9, 2017. Late submissions will not be eligible. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted. Applications must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org