Nimbus Arts is Seeking Artist/Instructor
St. Helena, CA
Nimbus Arts, a non-profit community arts center in St Helena, CA is an art hub in the Napa valley that brings together artists, kids of all ages, parents, and members of the community into a wonderful collaborative and creative environment.
We are seeking a bubbly, “Mary Poppins’ inspired artist to fill an important role in toddler art programs. ages 2-5. Candidate may also get involved with our other programs working with kids of all ages and adults.
Qualities and duties:
- Running bi-monthly Saturday morning open studio art for toddlers, as well as a small schedule of periodic classes during the week
- Developing inventive and innovative projects for children ages 2-5 with adult partners
- Developing themes for the camps/classes
- Using supplies we have in a cost effective way, and finding creative ways to use donated supplies
- Developing concepts and projects for summer camps/afterschool classes for children ages 6-12
- Manage a classroom of children varying in ages
- Being able to work collaboratively with other artists.
- Managing activities at community events and representing Nimbus Arts
- Helping to clean, organize, and maintain studio & supplies
- Heavy lifting on occasion
Ideal Candidate will:
- Love working with kids of all ages
- Feel that art is an important part of a child’s life education
- Have experience working with children in a classroom/preschool/camp or similar setting
- Have a background in art or art education
- Have an understanding of basic art history, elements and principals of arts, and know how to apply them in simple lessons
- Flexible schedule, working anywhere from 3-40 hours a week depending on the season
- Love inspiring the community through the art culture
- Self-directed, and can work independently
- Occasionally cover classes for other instructors
- Work with schools, teachers, recreation coordinators, volunteers, in implementing programs that you/the director/resident artist have organized (including but not limited to: fundraisers, winery events, afterschool programs, community events)
This job is a very dynamic position that requires passion and flexibility. If interested, please email the following: Jamie@nimbusarts.org
Resume with relevant experience
At least three personal/professional references
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Apply by email