Director of Individual Giving
Summary of Position: Reporting to and in partnership with the Artistic Director, the Director of Individual Giving (DIG) will spearhead individual fundraising efforts as East Bay Center builds towards its 50th anniversary year beginning spring 2018 (and beyond). The Director of Individual Giving will craft and implement annual and long-term fundraising strategies to advance the work of East Bay Center, ensuring a sustainable future. The Director of Individual Giving is responsible for raising approximately $600,000 of the total $2.2+ million annual operating budget.
The Director of Individual Giving oversees major gift fundraising activities for the organization, including individual donors, special events, endowment fund, planned giving, website giving, and donor stewardship.
The DIG will works closely with the Artistic Director and is a partner in creating and implementing all major giving campaigns and strategies. S/he supervises the development associate and along with the senior development officer, co-supervises development/communications associate. The DOIG also staffs Board development committee, and as a core member of the Center staff team, helps shape the future of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for performing arts, youth development and engaging diverse communities as well experience working in an arts organization.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of East Bay Center’s annual fundraising plan, regularly monitoring and updating the plan to ensure success
- Work in close collaboration with artistic director and development committee to set fundraising strategy
- Support development team of three professionals, senior development officer (for institutional support), development associate and development/communications associate
- Create and monitor development budget regarding all individual, corporate and event revenues
- Contribute to coordination and productive work flow between development office and all other Center departments
- Create and execute a strategy for expanding base of annual individual donors leading to initial, repeated, and upgraded gifts, including personal meetings and calls with donors
- Manage tracking systems for major donor stewardship and prospect cultivation
- Manage planned giving program and endowment fund
- Develop and execute plans for 50th anniversary campaign
- Collaborate on proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising as necessary
Board of Directors
- Work with the Board Development Committee and the Artistic Director to set fundraising priorities and goals
- Support board members in fundraising activities to meet fundraising goals
- Supervise development communications including website pages, social media, e-mails, print media, digital newsletters, gift acknowledgements
Cultivation, Stewardship & Events
- Oversee organization of annual fundraising Gala
- Support Board of Directors, Artistic Director, Center staff, and contracted event specialist to optimize event outcome; coordinate individual and business sponsorship solicitations
- Create and manage regular schedule of donor stewardship and cultivation activities
Systems and Infrastructure
- Supervise development operations, including database management and gift acknowledgement process
- Monitor annual fundraising calendar of activities
- Monitor monthly and annual progress reports (gifts and goals) for Artistic Director and Board of Directors
- Supervise staff responsible for data entry and gift processing and monitor office systems to support development operations including data entry and financial reconciliation
- Direct donor research
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 5-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, spirited environment
- Commitment to youth development and equity for families in communities like the Center’s
Work Schedule: This job is being offered as a variable 25 hours/week to full time position . Status : Exempt, Customary Work Days : Monday-Friday, evenings and weekends as required. Salary and Benefits: Competitive depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Application Process: Applicants should email their resumes and a cover letter describing their qualifications and interest in the organization’s mission . Please reference Director of Individual Giving Inquiry in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time