Administrator/Preparator - Contemporary Art Gallery - Part Time
St. Helena, CA
2 days a week | Saturdays + Sundays + 1 additional day as needed
Caldwell Snyder Gallery in St. Helena is seeking a part time Art Handler and Gallery Administrator for our Napa Valley location. The position entails transporting, installing and dismantling a wide variety of contemporary painting and sculpture, performing general administrative duties and gallery maintenance operations necessary to ensure the gallery remains organized and runs efficiently.
- Installation of a wide variety of painting and sculpture media – must have a working knowledge of cleats, screws, anchors, etc. and with moving large/heavy sculpture within the gallery and collectors homes, offices, etc.
- Organization of gallery space, office andarchival materials
- Assisting art consultants with daily administrative tasks
- Packaging and shipping artwork
- Driving large van for deliveries, etc. Must have clean driving record and valid CA drivers license.
- Assist with gallery preparation for exhibitions – includes unpackling, painting touch ups, lighting adjustments, etc.
- Basic gallery operation and maintenance
- Photographing artwork and exhibition installations as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous office experience (work in a fine art gallery a plus)
- Previous art handling experience
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs.
- Proficiency in Mac OS X, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Suites. Will be working with the FileMaker Pro database program
We are looking for someone who is/has:
- A professional demeanor
- Self motivated and has ability to work independently
- The ability to work with a diverse range of people
- An appreciation for contemporary painting and sculpture
Send a cover letter + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by email