Each of our lives have been impacted by a story, awed by a moment of beauty, challenged by an image - in every instance, slightly changed by a work of art. Discover how your support is bringing the inspiring power of the arts to our community with this re
First and foremost, thank you to all the local supporters of the arts – to all our partners who believe in the power of the arts to impact lives. Together, with your gifts of time, talent, and treasure, we continue to enhance our local arts and culture, enriching the lives of our children and neighbors. From American Canyon to Calistoga, ACNV works with our network of artists, performers, museums, venues, educators, service organizations, and civic leaders to bring the many benefits of music, visual art, live theater, film and literature into our community, our schools, and our public spaces. The gifts given at the end of this year season (and all year round) are the foundation to this work, fueling inspiring experiences for our students and neighbors. Once again, we need your help to reach our goal of $21,000 in community donations by June 30, 2015.
Unlike any other organization in the county, ACNV has the unique role of building long-term countywide strategies that advance the vision of Napa County as a celebrated destination for the arts, where all community members have meaningful access to the social, intellectual, and emotional benefits of a diverse and quality artistic culture. Every day the ACNV team works to fulfill our strategic goals and build a greater understanding of how the arts can be a greater and more meaningful part of our communal life. This is why, considering the fundamental importance of keeping arts in our schools, we are proud to have initiated the Napa County Alliance for Arts Education as one of our key initiates. With the quickly changing and highly complex field of public education, the alliance connects teaching artists, arts organizations, educators, administrators, community leaders and funders in a countywide collaboration. For the first-time in county history we are building a comprehensive plan to ensure all students, now and for the next decade, have access to arts education. The over thirty partners in the alliance acknowledge that this is not a problem one group or one program could solve completely, that connectivity is what your support of ACNV offers.
Last fiscal year, you helped us to surpass our $20,000 goal that made services like the Napa County Alliance for Arts Education, Poetry Out Loud, NapaValleyNow.com, and Napa Valley Arts in April possible. Gifts ranged from $15 to over $7,000, every dollar makes a difference and all our partners matter – because it’s not just the value of the gift, but community members showing that they believe the arts matter. So, once again, thank you!
ACNV’s milestones in 2014 have included:
- Initiating, presenting and staffing the Napa County Alliance for Arts Education, sponsored by the Freed Family Fund of the Napa Valley Community Foundation,California Alliance for Arts Education, the Napa County Office of Education, Napa Valley Education Foundation, as well as the Turlsa & Simone Fund and Opportunity Fund of the Napa Valley Community Foundation. In 2014, the alliance completed Phase 1 of a two phase assessment of our local arts education, surveyed the general community for public opinion on arts education, and is currently working with school, arts, and community leaders to build a complete picture of the needs and opportunities for all our students in the county to have an exemplary arts education program.;
- Partnering with Visit Napa Valley to produce Napa Valley Arts in April 2014 which included over 60 events, 30 host sites, and 150 presenting artists and receiving over 20 million media impressions for Napa Valley’s arts throughout the country. (Check out photos from 2014 at #artsinapril.) Visit California awarded this partnership the 2013 state award for Best Collaborative Marketing Campaign;
- Responding to the needs of the community during the weeks following the South Napa Earthquake, providing up to date news, resources, communication about the Earthquake Community Mosaic Project, and care packages to those impacted with the support of NBC Pottery, Calistoga Pottery and Starbucks;
- Working on new draft public art ordinance for American Canyon with city staff and key stakeholders, bringing a new spirit of creativity to the streets of the county’s second largest, fastest developing and most ethnically diverse community;
- Launching newly designed ArtsCouncilNapaValley.org to enhance communication and resources such as the new Napa Valley Creative Directory, opportunities postings (job postings and calls/ RFPs directed to mid-level and emerging local professional artists), listings of professional development seminars/workshops, and news pages for arts-industry information;
- Presented the fourth year of the county participation in the national Poetry Out Loud competition, a high school poetry recitation and scholarship program;
- Facilitating the annual Leadership Napa Valley Arts Day, an 8-hour experience-based tour and introduction to the arts for 26 emerging local leaders (Check out photos from 2014 at #lnvarts2014.);
- Launched new communications designs (including the twice monthly Arts Crush) to create visually engaging content for the community about affordable, accessible, and remarkable arts experiences;
- Serving on and supporting the Napa County Advisory Committee for Arts & Culture which develops and recommends grants for the arts allocation of the Napa County Special Projects Fund;
- and, Collaborating with the St. Helena Library and Napa Valley Now Coalition partners on the development of and staffing for the new NapaValleyNow.com, a free community calendar site which is piloting the first-ever bilingual Spanish-English program (NapaValleyHoy.com).
Since July, we have already collected over $9,000 toward our $21,000 fiscal year goal by June 30, 2015. Will you join us once again? Every gift helps!
Happy Holidays & Best Wishes for the New Year,
President & CEO
P.S. Please let us know why the arts matter to you and what your specific interests by commenting below, even if you are unable to make a gift at this time. We’d love to know more about you and your arts inspiration strory!