Join us for a community gathering celebrating the life of Dr. King and continuing his legacy through a day of action & compassion.
We are thrilled to be part of the MLK Coalition with 75 other groups in the Napa Valley. Below you may review the celebrations happening for MLK Day and may sign up for an event or project and plan on joining others on Monday night, January 16th.
- Selma, the very powerful film, will be shown at Congregation Beth Shalom, 1455 Elm St. on Sunday night, January 15th at 7pm. I invite you all and especially extend an invitation to families with teenagers. Be sure to sign up as we are capping it at 175 people. http://volunteer.cvnl.org (MLK Day)
- Please go to this website http://volunteer.cvnl.org (MLK Day) and scroll down and click on MLK Day of Service in the blue banner and then you will see the volunteer and learning opportunities listed below. There are many great opportunities being offered and review the projects for Monday. I hope that many of you will be involved.
- If you don’t sign up in advance, you can go St. John’s Parish Hall on Monday morning at 10 am to learn about all the opportunities for service and learning.
- Please plan on attending the special program on Monday night, the 16th at 7pm at St. John the Baptist Church, 960 Caymus St. As always, this will be a most inspirational celebration of MLK’s legacy as we join together with our friends in the Napa community. We are hoping that hundreds of people will come out for this most special evening. We really need this kind of uplifting evening.
- I ask you to share this email with others and put it on Social Media.
Below is an article from the Market Place about the event.