Are you a teacher or director in the Visual & Performing Arts?
Your students deserve to be recognized for their hard work and talent in the arts, and what better way than to nominate them for this month’s VAPA Student of the Month awards?
To be nominated a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a student enrolled in a Napa County public or private school. (Homeschooled students are definitely included!)
- Meet the age requirements for one of these categories:
- Elementary School/Middle School (TK-8th grade)
- High School/College (9th grade – 22years of age)
- Exhibit outstanding artistry, personal growth, increased self-confidence or leadership through their work in the arts.
- Be in good academic and behavioral standing.
- Students cannot receive the monthly award more than once within a year.
Nominating Questions to Consider:
- Is the student a positive role model?
- Does the student go above and beyond his/her role as a student?
- Has the student made significant progress in your classroom?
- Has there been personal development, emotional growth and technical growth in their art journey?
- Has their art connected or contributed to the community beyond the classroom setting?
- Does the student exemplify great citizenship and character?
- For a student to be a well-respected citizen, they must be able to balance many different areas of life. They must exemplify outstanding characteristics both as a student, as an artist and as a citizen of the community.
It’s time to get started! All nominations are due by 12/15/2019.
When asked to write a narrative, please expound. We love a well-written nomination! Your narrative will be appearing on the Student Recognition Certificate. The nomination form allows you to send support materials. We love to receive photos, music clips, and videos as supporting evidence that your student artist is one we absolutely must select!