The Lillian Orlowsky and William Freed Grant is awarded annually to under-recognized American painters over the age of 45 who demonstrate financial need. The mission of this grant is to promote public awareness of and a commitment to American art, and to encourage interest in artists who lack adequate recognition.
• Applicants must be American painters aged 45 years or older at the time of application.
• For the purposes of this grant, painting is considered the application of various wet media (oil, acrylic, gouache, ink, tempera, watercolor, egg tempera, casein) on paper, canvas, fabric, or wood. This excludes mixed media, encaustic, collage, pastels, digital paintings, prints, and work in graphite or drawings. The use of multiple paint mediums is allowed (i.e. mixing acrylics with oil paints). Do not submit images in ANY of these excluded mediums. Only paintings will be considered.
• A need for financial support must be clear and demonstrated.
• Applications must be submitted by an individual working artist or collaborators in an artist group; organizations cannot apply. • Only one application may be submitted per individual during each round of funding.
• Applicants must be either citizens of the United States or have permanent residency in the United States, though they can be presently living abroad.
Deadline: April 1, 2019, 5pm EST.