YA-WNY Executive Director
Apply by December 15th, 2017
Young Audiences of Western New York (YA-WNY) works to advance teaching and learning in the arts by: 1.) Bringing meaningful arts experiences into the lives of children to improve their educational attainment; 2.) Connecting young people with professional artists in schools, community centers, and out-of-school-time programs and 3.) Expanding the capacity of teachers, artists, and cultural organizations to harness the power of the arts in education and learning in and through the arts. A member of Young Audiences National Network with 30 affiliates nationwide, its mission is to make the arts a part of young people’s lives in order to enhance their development as creative and productive human beings.
Headquartered in a cheery open-space office in downtown Buffalo, New York, YA-WNY operates with an annual budget of approximately $700,000, a staff of six full-time equivalent employees, and is governed by a 11-member board of directors.
- Proven ability to lead and grow an organization while meeting annual budgets, fundraising goals and community impact goals;
- Bachelor degree in related field;
- 8 to 10 years experience in related field (i.e. not-for-profit administration) with a preference towards those exhibiting participation in and/or appreciation for the arts in education;
- Experience and skill in working with a nonprofit board of directors;
- Strong financial management skills;
- Keen understanding of the regulatory, governance and fiscal requirements associated with nonprofit management;
- Demonstrated skill in areas of organizational development, personnel management and delegation with proven ability to collaboratively lead a team of professionals and maintain team morale;
- Ability to partner with other agencies and identify strategic opportunities;
- Sensitivity and respect for the diversity of families’ economic, linguistic and cultural backgrounds and situations;
- Strong communication skills including writing, interpersonal communication, public speaking and representation skills;
- Quantifiable success in fundraising with a track record in donor stewardship and successful solicitation of major gifts across all categories of donors (government, corporate, foundation and individual)
- Demonstrated commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation;
- Computer literacy with a working knowledge of technology and
- High integrity, ethical and trustworthy.
PREFERRED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A discernible understanding of the value of the arts in the education and lives of young people;
- Master or Doctorate in a related field;
- Proven ability to lead an organization of similar size (e.g. with an annual budget ranging from $500K to $1M);
- Proven ability to successfully manage finances and meet budget targets;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and actively participate in raising $500,000 to $700,000 annually;
- Familiarity with Western New York schools, education, arts community and funders;
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and to advance the mission and vision of an organization in service to the community;
- Ability to successfully manage conflict and adversity;
- Understanding of student achievement data;
- Past successful marketing, PR and campaign management;
- Experience in Salesforce and
- Entrepreneurial experience.
SALARY & BENEFITS: This is a full-time, exempt position. A competitive, experience-based compensation package with benefits will be provided.
TO APPLY: YA-WNY has retained consulting firm, NuLevel Strategies, to assist its Transition Committee. NuLevel works to build organizational capacity, transformative teams and leaders for mission-driven clients. To apply, please send resume and cover letter demonstrating your qualifications for the position. Applicants must include salary history, salary requirements and a list of 3 professional references. Candidates can be disqualified for failure to include all requested materials. Review of applications will begin November 13, 2017 and continue until position is filled. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE - all semi-finalists will be contacted by representatives from NuLevel Strategies. YA-WNYsearch@nulevelstrategies.com
Apply online | Apply by email