Apply by February 23rd, 2018
Position Title: Grants Manager – Based in the Oakland office
Reports To: President & CEO
The Grants Manager is responsible for leading grants management to the Programs department in alignment with the strategic goals and the mission of California Humanities. This position will work with program staff in implementing, updating and improving upon current grants processes and systems.
GRANTS MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Administer and support the grantmaking process for all programs, from being the primary administrative contact with grant applicants and grantees, to the oversight, maintenance and improvement of grantmaking procedures, processes, and systems. Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage technical aspects of grants application process, in conjunction with other program staff, from start to finish including:
- Implement grant timelines for multiple programs and grant rounds and oversee logistics, including updating online materials as appropriate.
- Assist program staff with updates to grant guidelines, contracts and reporting procedures.
- Route interim/final reports and payments for approvals as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and support to applicants and grantees.
- Conduct content and due diligence review of grant applications and reports to ensure both are complete.
- Ensure integrity of data and clear communication in grants management database system.
- Work with the Programs staff and the President & CEO to ensure the grants management, operating programs, and reporting are in compliance with IRS, NEH, and other funders and donors with a vision for creating internal and grantee-facing system efficiencies.
- Work with the President & CEO and accounting staff to maintain systems for tracking contract budgets and deliverables.
- Maintain program contract files and timelines in coordination with organizational contract process, and assure routine budgetary and procedural compliance with regard to program partners, contractors, and consultants, as well as maintain and update contract templates.
- As part of the program staff team, participate in grantseeker workshops, applicant and grantee webinars, and other appropriate venues.
- Assist with the preparation of documents and presentations for the Board, and support Board program committee meetings and full Board meetings as needed.
- Stay current with the field by maintaining knowledge of best practices in grant making, grants management software, and related information technology matters.
- Create and maintains documentation of all grants management procedures
The ideal candidate will have:
- A successful track record and 3-5 years of experience with developing, implementing, and maintaining grantmaking and data management systems and practices
- Knowledge of and familiarity with current grants management software, particularly Salesforce, Gifts, and SurveyMonkey/Apply is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in different circumstances and through different means (written, oral, visual) with a wide variety of stakeholders, particularly grantees and grant applicants.
- A strong interest and aptitude in learning about working with information, an analytical outlook, and an appetite for solving technical challenges and innovating to improve systems and processes
- An understanding of and appreciation for the humanities.
- A flexible, supportive, and collaborative work style, and a good sense of humor.
Apply online | Apply by email