Chief of Marketing - Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
San Francisco, CA
Apply by March 31st, 2018
ABOUT THE CHIEF OF MARKETING OPPORTUNITY
YBCA is looking for a strategic Marketing leader to join its executive leadership team. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact at a leading edge arts institution and to do some of the most meaningful work of your career. The Chief of Marketing stewards both the Marketing and Visitor Experience departments, works to advance the YBCA brand across all facets of the organization, and partners with C-suite peers to develop and execute field-leading initiatives.
The ideal candidate believes in the power of art to propel social change and has a successful track record in marketing, brand management, communications and is a forward-looking and strategic thinker. YBCA is searching for someone who has a deep commitment to the mission and understands the role YBCA plays in the local arts ecosystem and in creating a more inclusive and equitable society.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this role is responsible to:
- Be the driving force that helps YBCA fulfill its brand promise across all facets of the organization
- Ensure YBCA’s desired experience is delivered to all guests at all times
- Steward all communications across paid, owned, and earned channels
- Work cross-functionally to grow YBCA’s audiences, membership community, and donor base
- Bring best-in-class thinking to the organization in order to help YBCA take calculated risks and push boundaries
- Implement marketing strategies and tactics that will help YBCA achieve its strategic priorities
- Use data to transform how YBCA understands and engages its target audiences, visitors, and members
- Increase YBCA’s national and global visibility through strategic alliances, speaking opportunities, and publicity efforts
- Effectively manage and mentor a large team of direct reports
DESIRED QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Creative, forward-looking leader with an innovative mindset
- College degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communication, or related field
- 8+ years of Marketing experience at a large B2C company or nonprofit organization, with 2+ years in a senior leadership role such as Director of Marketing, VP of Marketing, or CMO
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Proven track record as an organizational change agent and influencer
- Experience working with complex and highly-matrixed organizations
- Ability to collaborate, lead, and inspire large, cross-functional, culturally diverse teams
- Deep command and demonstrable success with brand strategy and a commitment to delivering exceptional brand experiences
- Strong interest in the realms of contemporary art, civic engagement, and social responsibility
- Fluent in all media, including leading and emerging digital platforms
To apply, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experiences meet the qualifications of the position to http://bit.ly/2ESmqfg .
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please do not contact the YBCA directly. Schaffer&Combs has been retained by YBCA to manage this search. Schaffer&Combs, a certified B Corporation, solves problems and provides growth solutions for purpose-driven organizations. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.