Graphics Production Designer (Fixed-term contract)
San Francisco, CA
Apply by March 15th, 2018
Under work direction from the Principal Preparator and other full-time staff, performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled duties in the preparation of print ready graphics files, print production of exhibition signage, installation and de-installation of exhibit graphics; assists with general preparator work as required. May also perform highly skilled tasks using specialized software and techniques for graphics production design. After the receipt of specific in-house training, may directly install labels and graphics adjacent to artworks and in sealed display cases.
The nature of the work requires an ability to effectively participate in production design, proofing/editing processes, and coordinate print production of graphic materials. Installation of graphics includes lifting, manual dexterity, and the ability to work adjacent to irreplaceable art objects with extreme care.
The Graphics Production Designer provides assistance to the Preparation department during periods of peak workload or on special projects. S/he must be willing to work on temporary assignments varying in the number of hours and days.
(*This is a fixed term contract through February 2019.)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Develops graphic production design for digital files for labels, didactics and other signage for exhibitions.
- Prepares, hangs, installs, and de-installs exhibition related graphics.
- Coordinates printing of graphic materials.
- Performs various skilled and semi-skilled tasks including working with graphics design software, standard and large format printers, adhesives, and substrates.
- As required, completes highly skilled tasks such as graphic production design, develop multiple iterations, editing/proofing, print production etc.
- Participates in general shop operations including cleaning and organization of work areas designated for graphics preparation and production
- Two (2) years of experience in graphics design or graphics production design, standard and large format print production, color management workflows across equipment and print media, preparation of graphics for install, installation of labels, didactics and vinyl; or a relevant combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge and skill in the use and care of standard hand tools; best practices and methods of exhibit graphics installation; safe work practices related to the installation of art
- Skill in the use of graphic design software, such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and print production rip software.
- Ability to problem solve and work well under pressure with a cross departmental team
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects up to 50 lbs and at heights up to 6 feet
- Extremely flexible, reliable, and dependable; integrity and sense of humor
$26.4033 - $31.7110 per hour** with a generous benefits package
**Please note: New hires start at the beginning of the salary range and this position is represented by SEIU 1021.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://asianart.snaphire.com/?job=10877CAC