Sr. Graphic Designer
San Francisco, CA
Planet Interactive is in search of a Sr. Graphic Designer to join our client, a Global Beauty Retailer located in San Francisco.
Supports Senior Art Director and Art Director in building their brand, and concept development/execution of marketing campaigns and programs, from concept to execution across media.
- Brand Builder: Partners with Art Director to develop and build strong brand. Supports in brand execution to ensure consistency across brand through all channels. Develops visual design standards for brand.
- Brand Thinker: Partners with Art Director to develop strategic marketing campaign concepts. Understands both marketing and creative needs to provide creative solutions that meet business objectives. Supports in integration of art direction and design across all channels including, but not limited to: desktop/mweb/app, email, display advertising, and video.
- Creative Collaborator: Partners closely with Editorial and Retail teams to execute creative concepts for robust 360 client experience. Support Art Directors and Senior AD when they partner with Content Production to align on appropriate talent to ensure accurate execution of creative vision. Including but not limited to photography, retouching, illustration, video development.
- Cross-functional Partner: Helps to build relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure strategic objectives are met. Collaborates with various cross-functional members on various projects and be proactive in seeking out answers to help move the project forward.
- Design expert: Executes projects with thoughtful and elevated design. Understands design and typographic fundamentals and provides new and exciting design solutions and POV.
- Passionate Creative: Works to further design and art direction expertise. Spends time educating oneself in industry knowledge i.e.. photographers, digital best practices, agencies and honing design and typographic skills.
- Skilled Presenter: Represents creative team in smaller groups settings within team and amongst partners.
- 3-5+ years of creative experience.
- College degree; BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design or Communication Design.
- Passion for design and art direction
- Knowledge and experience in digital.
- Understanding of beauty and fashion.
- Understanding of digital channels including site, social, email and paid advertising.
- Understanding of current industry related trends.
- Understanding of design, typography and layout principles, production process.
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines.
- Team player: Enjoys working with others and collaborating with positive attitude.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively share and communicate creative ideas during brainstorms.
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe programs: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet very tight deadlines.
- The drive to excel and succeed; self-motivated.