Trinchero Family Estates | Napa, CA | Standing Offer
An innovative industry leader with three generations of family heritage in the Napa Valley.
Family-owned in the heart of picturesque Napa Valley since 1948, Trinchero Family Estates is the fourth largest winery in the United States. We craft and market more than 65 acclaimed wine and spirits brands, including Sutter Home, Ménage à Trois, Joel Gott Wines and Trinchero Napa Valley. Our broad portfolio represents California, as well as renowned wine regions across the globe in Italy, Spain, France, Argentina, Chile and Australia.
Synonymous with superior quality and exceptional value for nearly seven decades, Trinchero Family Estates is among the industry’s most respected family-owned wineries. Family is at the heart of everything we do. Our corporate culture and competitive benefits reflect our strong commitment to our extended family—our valued employees. Situated in southern Napa, our Marketing and Creative Services departments are 45 miles north of San Francisco.
A creatively driven team player who is as passionate about the details as you are about design.
You’re an independent thinker and aren’t afraid to challenge traditional approaches to wine marketing—in fact you embrace opportunities to try new things and disrupt the status quo. Never boring, you’re insanely creative in your approach and have successfully developed innovative campaigns and systems designed specifically for the retail environment, including POS elements, 3D displays, in-store collateral, shelf-talkers, case cards and more. You understand how to capture the essence of a brand while communicating a message that drives sales. You are comfortable owning a project from concept through completion, and calmly resolve issues as they arise. You’re an excellent communicator who can pitch concepts to key stakeholders and create relationships with vendor partners. You can work fluidly across multiple projects at once while maintaining a sense of humor.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
You’ll report to the Creative Director, and work in close partnership with the Creative Services and Brand Management teams. As Art Director, you’ll balance your creative and organizational skills to shape the visual identities of some of the industry’s most exciting, cutting-edge wine brands, including but not limited to, Ménage à Trois, Bandit and Charles & Charles.
- Conceptualize and execute displays and related support materials for a broad range of wine brands.
- Manage daily details for multiple projects simultaneously; ensuring deliverables are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with Print Production department to bring creative concepts to life, from conception through proofing and printing.
- Manage budget for outside resources, including freelance designers, illustrators and photographers.
- Oversee one senior designer.
- Set priorities for your team, provide mentoring, create development opportunities and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Collaborate with brand marketing, building client trust and nurturing long-term relationships.
- Pitch concepts and deliver engaging presentations to Marketing Managers, building buy-in for your ideas.
- Partner with Creative Director on department strategy and long-range planning.
- What Gets Your Foot in the Door:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in design or related field
- 8 or more years of related design experience with a design firm, creative agency or in-house creative team
- Proven track record of producing high-impact original conceptual work
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously on complex projects with minimal guidance
- Solid communication, listening and relationship-building skills
- Strong typography and layout skills
- High proficiency in CC Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of printing processes such as offset and digital
- Experience building print-ready mechanical files
What Sets You Apart:
- Art direction and design expertise specific to the alcoholic beverage industry
- Experience designing and executing visual systems for the retail environment (POS, 3D displays, case cards, etc.)
- A passion for mentoring junior designers
- Solid command of creative presentations
- Finding the balance between creative solutions and maintaining a sense of humor
- Office environment
- Extensive computer work
- May be required to work at any of TFE’s locations
- Frequent deadline pressures
- Numerous projects in progress at any given time
- Comply with company safety regulations
Trinchero Family Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Trinchero Family Estates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.