ArtsLink International Fellowships
Guidelines for Applications
ArtsLink accepts applications from all Fellows, who have already undertaken a hosted residency in the US curated by CEC ArtsLink. The residency can have taken place in any year. Awardees and Fellows who have previously received ‘Independent Project’ funds are not eligible.
Support is provided to create new work that draws inspiration from interaction with artists and the community in the US; to establish a mutually beneficial exchange of ideas and expertise between artists, arts organizations and the local community and to pursue artistic cooperation that will enrich creative or professional development or has potential to expand the community’s access to artists and artistic practices from abroad. Applicants must be citizens of an eligible country.
Incomplete applications or applications lacking the required support materials will not be considered.
The earliest eligible project start date for the next application deadline is May 1, 2019. Projects must be completed by April 30, 2020.
- Artistic or professional excellence of the Fellow’s work
- Benefit to the Fellow, at this time, in their career, from engagement with US artists and communities
- Fellow’s ability to adequately plan and manage the production and logistical details of the proposed project
- Extent to which the project builds long term partnerships for the Fellow in the US.
- Extent to which the work with a US arts organization is consistent with the applicant’s artistic vision, creative goals and professional development
Fellows are advised to submit new work samples appropriate to the proposed project. Please follow carefully the instructions for submitted work samples in the application. Applicants should make sure their work is properly labeled and that all work samples are fully and succinctly described. Applications that do not include required materials will not be considered.
The award amount will not exceed $7,500 and cannot be more than 50% of the total project cost. Matching project support can be in- kind of cash from other project partners.
– Most recent Resume or CV (ONE-page pdf file only)
– Typed answers to the following questions (300 words maximum for each question):
1. Detail how this project builds on the initial residency experience.
2. Explain how this project utilizes or extends your experience of community engagement.
3. Explain how this project relates to your personal artistic vision and/or creative goals.
4. What do you hope will be the impact or benefits of the project to you and the community involved, and how will you evaluate this?
– Budget Form
You will be asked to upload the completed Project Budget Form (download here)when you fill out the application.
– Project Summary and Description
Short summary of the proposed project (100 words maximum)
Full description of the proposed project (500 words maximum)
You will also need to submit the following materials:
Please submit the following:
– A letter of agreement (UP TO THREE) from principal project partners and collaborators in the United States, briefly describing their agreed role and contribution to the proposed project (ONE-page PDF file for each letter only). Letter(s) must be signed and contain collaborator’s contact details.
These documents can be submitted in online application or sent via email to: info(at)cecartslink(dot)org
You are required to submit work samples, which are a critical part of your application. Because of the limited time available for the review panel, you are encouraged to prepare a well-organized presentation that exhibits your work/proposal in the best way possible.
Work samples should be recent (no more than 5 years old), preferably of work that is technically or conceptually relevant to the proposed project. Work samples in a language other than English must be accompanied by a synopsis or translation.
You can upload your work samples while completing the online application form. Please include the following information about each sample: title, date, medium, dimensions/duration, your role and short description (no more than 4 sentences). List the work samples in the order in which you would like to have them viewed. For large files, please, use Internet services capable to transfer large-sized data, like Dropbox or WeTransfer. You also may submit links to your video or audio files on YouTube, Vimeo or Soundcloud. Samples submitted without proper descriptions will be subject to rejection.
Please label your materials with your full name as it appears on your application.
Up to 10 images in JPEG format.
– The file name should be in the following format: Number_LastName_Title (e.g. 01_Smith_Untitled 1, 02_Smith_Untitled 2, etc.).
– Each image file should be no larger than 2 MB.
– Submit individual image files only – NO PowerPoint, PDF or Keynote presentations will be accepted.
VIDEO and MUSIC
Two different 3-5 minute video samples.
– Video and Audio files should be in MOV, AVI, MPEG, MP3, MP4 or FLV format for viewing on a PC.
– Label each digital file as follows: Number_LastName_Title.ext (e.g. 01_Smith_Untitled3.mp4).
– The maximum file size for uploaded video or audio files is 10MB. (For larger file size, please, use Internet services capable to transfer large files, like Dropbox or WeTransfer, You also may submit link to your video or audio files on YouTube, Vimeo or Soundcloud).
– For longer pieces, note the time cues for the segment that best represents the entire work.
One copy of an entire or excerpted original manuscript in English translation, not to exceed twenty pages for prose or ten pages for poetry. Any pages submitted over the limit will not be reviewed. One sample publication may also be submitted but is not mandatory.
– All pages of the manuscript should be double spaced with standard margins on white paper.
– Label each page clearly with your name and page number in the upper right-hand corner.
ARTS MANAGERS / CURATORS
Please submit examples of published, professional writing or documentation of work as an arts professional relevant to the proposed project. You may also submit items of descriptive literature about the organization(s) you represent (catalogues, brochures, press materials, etc.) in Manuscripts/Publication work samples section of the online application form. All work samples should be accompanied by a description of the materials presented and your involvement in their content development, design and/or distribution (i.e. manager of the program, designer or developer of brochure, general organizational information). Work samples in a language other than English should be accompanied by a synopsis or translation.
If you have questions that are not answered in the application instructions, the below guidelines, or on the Frequently Asked Questions page, please contact CEC ArtsLink staff at info(at)cecartslink(dot)org.
At the conclusion of the project, each awardee will be required to submit a report with digital documentation that discusses the work accomplished and its impact on the Fellow’s professional development and the professional and community context in which the project took place.
2019 Applicants will be notified of the review panel decision by the end of March 2019.
By email: info(at)cecartslink(dot)org, by telephone: 212-643-1985 ext. 22