The Marketing, Communications & Public Relations Coordinator reports to the Director of Education & Civic Engagement and is responsible for ensuring support of di Rosa’s marketing and communications initiatives. The position works collaboratively with the Education and Curatorial, Visitor Services and Development staff to enhance public awareness of di Rosa and its mission, create an accessible and informative environment for our constituents, and maximize and diversify audiences for programs and events.
Marketing & Communications
- Execute strategies to increase involvement with and awareness of di Rosa activities, including exhibitions, educational programs, and collaborative projects.
- Maintain, disseminate, and execute communications schedule for di Rosa activities.
- Coordinate production and dissemination of the following:
- Exhibition and public program announcements
- General brochures and rack cards
- Organization collateral and visitor information
- Fundraising and Development collateral
- Seek out and respond to information requests for inclusion of di Rosa in public listings and directories.
- Proactively identify and solicit inclusion in new publications to promote di Rosa’s reputation and recognition for its work.
- Collaborate with social media lead, Manager of Education & Civic Engagement, as needed to generate content.
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with print, online, and media professionals.
- Disseminate press releases and publicity materials to print, online, and media outlets as well as peer organizations, neighbors, and community partners where appropriate.
- Maintain public relations and media mailing lists.
- Attend meetings and work closely with others in contributing to the team-work and atmosphere of cooperation at di Rosa.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Familiarity with media, marketing and communications fields
- Skilled with Adobe Suite and Word Press
- Detail oriented
- Dependable, punctual, courteous, discrete
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work well independently; proven resourcefulness and a problem solver
- Interest or background in the arts preferred