Join Us to Proclaim April, Arts & Culture Month
Come One, Come All!
It's Napa Valley Arts in April and this year, that means its our official local Arts & Culture Month!
Join fellow arts advocates and cultural connoisseurs in proclaiming April a month for celebrating, honoring, and uniting through arts and local culture! In this time of proposed cuts at the federal level and widespread political division, this is a great opportunity to unite and show support for what matters to you.
The elected governing bodies of each town as well as the County of Napa will present an official proclamation at their first public meeting of the month. Come to show your support and bring a friend!
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- County of Napa @ 9am (Board of Supervisors Room, 3rd Floor, 1195 Third Street, Napa)
- City of Napa @ 3:30pm (Napa City Hall, 955 School Street)
- Calistoga @ 6pm (Calistoga City Hall, 1232 Washingtown St)
- Yountville @ 6pm (Yountville Town Hall, 6550 Yount St)
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017
- St Helena @ 6pm (Vintage Hall Board Room, St Helena High, 465 Main St)
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
American Canyon @ 6pm (American Canyon City Hall, 4381 Broadway Street, #201)
2017 Napa County Arts & Culture Month Proclamation
Whereas, the month of April has been recognized as a countywide celebration of the arts and local culture, known as Napa Valley Arts in April, by dozens of arts and cultural organizations, hundreds of individuals, and businesses across the county, as well as by the agencies of Visit Napa Valley and Arts Council Napa Valley for 7 years;
Whereas, the arts and culture embody much of the accumulated wisdom, intellect, and imagination of humankind;
Whereas, the arts and culture enhance and enrich the lives of every resident;
Whereas, hundreds of residents from each town and city came together in the creation of the County of Napa’s adopted Community Cultural Plan, which has been in place since 2008, and endorsed the following cultural core values for all of Napa County:
- Self-expression is everyone’s birthright;
- The arts serve as a common language;
- The arts are critical to a healthy economy;
- The arts allow us access to our past, to ourselves, and to each other;
- And, the arts give us a sense of place and of home.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that we do hereby proclaim April as Arts & Culture Month and call upon our citizens to celebrate and promote arts and culture in our county and to specifically encourage the greater participation by those said citizens in taking action for arts and culture in their towns and cities.