NVUSD and ACNV invite proposals and portfolios from individuals seeking to analyze and augment the current needs assessment, facilitate stakeholder input, and write a comprehensive Master Plan for Arts Education
In the Spring of 2015 Napa Valley Unified School District (NVUSD) and Arts Council Napa Valley (ACNV) collaborated to complete an initial needs assessment for arts education. Napa Valley Unified School District (NVUSD) and Arts Council Napa Valley (ACNV) now invite proposals and portfolios from individuals seeking to analyze and augment the current needs assessment, facilitate stakeholder input, and write a comprehensive Master Plan for Arts Education in NVUSD. Individuals are instructed to read carefully all terms, conditions, specifications and requirements in this RFP including the initial assessment of arts education that was facilitated by Arts Council Napa Valley Education Alliance. All proposals, with all accompanying portfolio submissions, must be submitted electronically to email@example.com with the subject line reading, “Napa County Alliance for Arts Education –NVUSD Master Plan for Arts Education” by November 10, 2015 at 4:00 PM(PST). Proposals will be reviewed November 11-18, 2015, and selected candidates must be available for an interview in Napa on November 19 and 20, 2015. Compensation is competitive and negotiable and a proposal for compensation must be included with the portfolio submission.
Individuals must be prepared to start work immediately if their proposal is accepted and meet the established timeline. Any responses submitted after the due date/time will not be accepted, however, responses may be submitted prior to the due date/time. NVUSD and ACNV reserve the right to accept or reject any or all proposals and to waive any formalities. Your interest and participation in this project is appreciated.
• Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to complete a comprehensive master plan for arts education in NVUSD.
• Conduct effective due diligence regarding institutional history, district goals, and current programs.
• Analyze and augment efficiently the current needs assessment that includes representatives of stakeholders (including, but not limited to: parents, teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, foundation/corporate donors, community partners, etc.).
• Facilitate stakeholder input to the plan (including, but not limited to: parents, teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, foundation/corporate donors, community partners, etc.).
• Write the plan including implementation guidelines, markers for success, reporting windows, and data to be collected.
• Perform prospect research on community and national foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation partnerships.
• Report progress at regular intervals to the Arts Education Leadership Team
• Deliver a final product that is publishing and presentation ready for the general public, school district officials, and community stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Comprehensive understanding of the Visual and Performing Arts Content Standards for California Public Schools and National Core Arts Standards.
• Ability to understand diverse local community dynamics.
• Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to skillfully elicit feedback and manage group dynamics in meetings of varying sizes with diverse stakeholders.
• Strong editing skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to facilitate
• Ability to elicit, synthesize, and report large amounts of data.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
• Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
• Strong contributor in team environments.
• Ability to work both independently with little oversight as well as in a team environment, handling multiple assignments and meeting deadlines.
• Minimum of two years experience writing arts education plans (at the district, county, or state level).
• Previous experience working with community partners
• Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
• Thorough review of current needs assessment which can be found hyperlinked here or at https://drive.google.com/a/nvusd.org/file/d/0Bx6v1PT-fQJKYXA5b05YYWNCejg/view