A collaborative list of resources for teachers, educators, and coaches to help our educators continue to teach local students in a time of social distancing.
List of Strategies for Remote Teaching/Learning:
– ISTE STRATEGIES FOR ONLINE LEARNING
– ARTS EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP COVID-19 RESOURCES
– WHEN DISASTER STRIKES: TALKING TO CHILDREN ABOUT TRAUMATIC EVENTS
– DISCUSSING DIFFICULT SITUATIONS WITH YOUR CHILDREN
List of Online Learning Resources:
– NVUSD LEARNING CONTINUITY RESOURCES
– SHUSD COVID-19 RESOURCES
– SHUSD SUMMER DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES
– CALISTOGA JOINT USD COVID-19 RESOURCES
– CREATECA’S #CREATEATHOME
– NAPA VALLEY KID: PARENT RESOURCES FOR HOMESCHOOLING
– NIMBUS ARTS TAKE OUT KITS
– NIMBUS ARTS CREATIVITY CAMPAIGN: CAN YOU KANDINSKY?
– ART ESCAPE SONOMA PRINTABLE DIY PROJECTS FOR KIDS
– ART ESCAPE SONOMA ART ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS 2-4 Y/O
– SCAD E-LEARNING APPLICATION
– SCAD E-LEARNING VIRTUAL CHATS
– CNET ONLINE EDUCATION CLASSES FOR ALL AGES
– SCHOOL CHOICE WEEK ONLINE LEARNING LINKS
– REVIEWS.COM: INTERNET OPTIONS FOR LOW-INCOME STUDENTS
– UNESCO DISTANCE LEARNING SOLUTIONS
– KQED AT HOME LEARNING RESOURCES
– ARTS AND EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES FOR KIDS/TEENS
– ARTS EDUCATION ONLINE LEARNING IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
– ST. HELENA PUBLIC LIBRARY ONLINE STORYTIME
– STORYLINE ONLINE
– CREATIVE PROMPTS FOR ART PROJECTS DURING SOCIAL DISTANCINGD
– GAMES & ACTIVITY IDEAS TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS ON ZOOM
– ART THERAPY ACTIVITIES FOR TEENS
– 9 EASY RECYCLING ART PROJECTS FOR KIDS
– FAMOUS MUSEUMS OFFER VIRTUAL TOURS
– TAKE A VIRTUAL VISIT TO A NATIONAL PARK
– ART LESSONS IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS
– INTEGRATING EDUCATION AND NATURE
– 21 THEATRE-RELATEED ONLINE RESOURCES FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
– ENGAGING IDEAS FOR MUSICAL GAMES
– 15 UNIQUE HOMEMADE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
– PHOTOGRAPHY FOR KIDS: ACTIVITIES THEY CAN DO!
– DIY GUIDE: HOW TO BUILD A DARKROOM AT HOME
– PIXEL ART: KIDS CRAFT
– BACK TO SCHOOL SLEEP TIPS DURING COVID-19
The VAPA (Visual & Performing Arts) Annual Arts Recognition & Scholarship Program honors exemplary students in all creative arts disciplines on a monthly basis and culminating with a Scholarship Awards Ceremony in the spring.
The launch year of the VAPA Student of the Month program was a major success, leading to:
Press releases for every month’s VAPA SOM winners are listed below:
2020-2021 School Year
November 2020 – December 2020 – January 2021 – February 2021 – March 2021 –
2019-2020 School Year
November 2019 – December 2019 – January 2020 – February 2020 – March 2020 – April 2020
To nominate a student, please click on the following link to fill out the form: https://forms.gle/WoXY31XD93oU8RU87
VAPA Student of the Year Press Release: https://www.artscouncilnapavalley.org/acnvea-vapa-student-of-the-year-2019-20/
To subscribe to our monthly VAPA Updates newsletter, follow the link below to fill out our newsletter form. Be sure to check the box next to “Education Alliance” to receive VAPA Updates!
In 2013, Arts Council Napa Valley (ACNV) founded the ACNV Education Alliance, ACNVEA, to support, sustain, and advocate for arts education in Napa County. This public-private alliance made up of educators, students, community volunteers, and district arts administrators began with a comprehensive assessment of the local arts education landscape. In 2015, with the assessment complete and major support from Festival Napa Valley, the Education Alliance partners and the Napa Valley Unified School District (NVUSD) we commissioned and drafted the NVUSD Arts Master Plan. This plan was a starting place for the work of the Education Alliance and presents a comprehensive framework for the development of TK-12 sequential, standards-based arts education curriculum. Since then, the NVUSD Board of Education unanimously adopted the Arts Master Plan.
With changes to the seven-period day at the middle & high school levels, ACNV’s Ed Alliance is currently working to fill the gaps in and out of the curriculum, aiming to adapt the existing Master Plan with the current climate. Working with district administrators and program directors, the Ed Alliance aims to keep our students involved and recognized for their excellence in the Visual & Performing Arts. One of the main programs that recognizes Napa County students for their accomplishments in the arts is the VAPA Student of the Month program.