Community Arts Program Grants
Apply by March 30th, 2018
The Community Arts Program provides project based support to small and mid-sized arts organizations and individual artists for the creation and presentation of new and innovative work that is representative of the diverse cultures and communities of the Bay Area.
- Grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations or to artists and organizations applying with a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor. A signed Memorandum of Understanding with your fiscal sponsor is required.
- Community Arts grants are awarded to small and mid-sized arts organizations primarily operating in San Francisco, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
- Community Arts grants are project-based and range from $1,500 – $10,000. The requested amount must not exceed 50% of total project budget.
- Artists and organizations (excluding fiscal sponsors representing multiple organizations) may apply with one project per submission cycle. Applicants may submit multiple times throughout the year but are only eligible to receive funding once in each calendar year. Returning grantees must be in good standing with all required reporting submitted before new applications will be accepted.
- Community Arts grants support:
- Visual Arts
- Literary Arts
- Community Arts grants do not support:
- Commissions, development or workshops independent of a culminating presentation or event
- Film or Video
- Craft, Painting or Photography
- Youth-performed or Youth-Oriented programming
- Activities not available to the general public or that take place outside of the funding area
- Deficit Reduction or Retroactive Funding
- General Operations
- Capital Campaigns
- The Zellerbach Family Foundation seeks to support new and innovative works that speak to the diverse cultures and communities of the Bay Area. Priority in awarding Community Arts grants are given to artists and organizations who primarily live and work in San Francisco, Alameda and Contra Costa counties and whose programs benefit communities in San Francisco, Alameda and Contra Costa counties.