About ACNV Education Alliance
In 2013, Arts Council Napa Valley (ACNV) founded the ACNV Education Alliance, ACNVEA, to support, sustain, and advocate for arts education in Napa County. This public-private alliance made up of educators, students, community volunteers, and district arts administrators began with a comprehensive assessment of the local arts education landscape. In 2015, with the assessment complete and major support from Festival Napa Valley, the Education Alliance partners and the Napa Valley Unified School District (NVUSD) we commissioned and drafted the NVUSD Arts Master Plan. This plan was a starting place for the work of the Education Alliance and presents a comprehensive framework for the development of TK-12 sequential, standards-based arts education curriculum. Since then, the NVUSD Board of Education unanimously adopted the Arts Master Plan.
With changes to the seven-period day at the middle & high school levels, ACNV’s Ed Alliance is currently working to fill the gaps in and out of the curriculum, aimint to adapt the existing Master Plan with the current climate. Working with district administrators and program directors, the Ed Alliance aims to keep our students involved and recognized for their excellence in the Visual & Performing Arts. One of the main programs that recognizes Napa County students for their accomplishments in the arts is the VAPA Student of the Month program.
COVID-19 Education Resources
A collaborative list of resources for teachers, educators, and coaches to help our educators continue to teach local students in a time of social distancing.
List of Educator/Parent Information/Updates:
- NAPA COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION EMERGENCY INFORMATION
- NAPA COUNTY SCHOOLS UPDATE AS OF 4/2
- NVUSD COVID-19 UPDATES SCHOOLS CLOSED TO 5/1
- ST. HELENA SCHOOLS CLOSED TO 5/1
- CALISTOGA SCHOOLS CLOSED TO 4/14
- KQED HOW TEACHERS CAN NAVIGATE SCHOOL CLOSURES
List of Online Learning Resources:
- NVUSD LEARNING CONTINUITY RESOURCES
- SHUSD COVID-19 RESOURCES
- CALISTOGA JOINT USD COVID-19 RESOURCES
- NAPA VALLEY KID: PARENT RESOURCES FOR HOMESCHOOLING
- NIMBUS ARTS TAKE OUT KITS
- NIMBUS ARTS CREATIVITY CAMPAIGN: CAN YOU KANDINSKY?
- ART ESCAPE SONOMA PRINTABLE DIY PROJECTS FOR KIDS
- ART ESCAPE SONOMA ART ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS 2-4 Y/O
- CNET ONLINE EDUCATION CLASSES FOR ALL AGES
- SCHOOL CHOICE WEEK ONLINE LEARNING LINKS
- UNESCO DISTANCE LEARNING SOLUTIONS
- KQED AT HOME LEARNING RESOURCES
- ARTS AND EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES FOR KIDS/TEENS
- ARTS EDUCATION ONLINE LEARNING IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
- ST. HELENA PUBLIC LIBRARY ONLINE STORYTIME
- STORYLINE ONLINE
VAPA Student of the Month
The VAPA (Visual & Performing Arts) Annual Arts Recognition & Scholarship Program honors exemplary students in all creative arts disciplines on a monthly basis and culminating with a Scholarship Awards Ceremony in the spring.
VAPA SOM Winners
To nominate a student, please click on the following link to fill out the form: forms.gle/bJDePeXzR9H6iMnq8
VAPA Student of the Year Celebration
The VAPA SOY Celebration is POSTPONED until further notice.
Please check back here for postponement details.
To subscribe to our monthly VAPA Updates newsletter, follow the link below to fill out our newsletter form. Be sure to check the box next to “Education Alliance” to receive VAPA Updates!