● Ensure and track that BAPF contracts are written, delivered and signed, and all relevant paperwork processed by Office Manager.
● Providing system of check requests for artists and contract staff and interns
● Directly facilitating coordination of travel and lodging for playwrights and any out-of-town artistic personnel.
● In collaborations with staff, orienting, training, and providing ongoing direction to interns
● In collaboration with Admin, informing production related content for preparation of packets and information
● In collaboration with staff, collaborating on production postmortem and evaluation, documentation, and final communications as needed
PRE-PRODUCTION: LEADERSHIP IN PLANNING, COMMUNICATING, GATHERING INFO & CREATING SYSTEMS
● Planning, coordinating and implementing all of the production related tasks of the BAPF events, including both readings and special events.
● Adherence to festival production budget
● Participate in weekly production meetings (in person or telecommunication) with PF staff commencing April, at mutually agreed times.
● Overseeing the creation of a production and rehearsal calendar, and update as needed.
● Procuring adequate rehearsal space
● Overseeing the creation of a detailed, hour-by-hour master production schedule for all festival weekend activities and events, with assigned responsibilities and deadlines, and keep it updated
● Hire and oversee production staff
o To include roles such as Tech Director, Production Assistant, Load-in Crew,
o Hold and monitor the master schedule for staffing of external events
o Troubleshoot and address production issues
o Setting policy and procedures for production teams o Assigning responsibility for production activities to PF staff, including AD
● Oversee Special Events Coordinator, coordinating logistical and production details, and tracking their progress
● With PF staff, overseeing the travel logistics of BAPF retreat, attending retreat beginning or end to orient artistic teams on production and rehearsal process from tech POV
● Communicate with artistic teams about rehearsal needs, conflicts and schedules
● Secure and to allocate spaces and other resources according to overall festival priorities
● Perform company management duties (pre-production and during festival/primary responsibility) with the following responsibilities:
o procure and liaison with festival housing for out-of-town playwrights and artists
o procure travel for out-of-town playwrights and arrange for their arrival and departure
o arrange for in-town travel by public transportation for out-of-town playwrights
o create and maintain the festival contact sheet
● Create and disseminate administrative packets for all festival participants to explain procedures and expectations for technical and rehearsal needs, including schedules and contact sheets
● Provide coordination of technical elements (pre-production and during festival/primary responsibility)
● Assist TD with the gathering of all necessary production supplies and equipment, including props, equipment
● Work together with LD/TD on the design of the stage, and insure that we have the supplies and equipment needed
● Develop and fulfill resource usage priorities, including a script copying policy
● Communicate regularly with artistic teams about production and rehearsal needs