Individual Giving Officer
di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art
POSITION TITLE: Individual Giving Officer
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, exempt
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Individual Giving Officer is responsible for meeting annual contributed revenue goals. Working collaboratively with the Director of Development, Executive Director, Board of Directors and key
staff, the Individual Giving Officer will prospect, cultivate, solicit and steward donors making gifts up to $15,000 annually. Responsibilities include interacting with and soliciting donors and prospects for Patrons Circle membership, annual fund and major gifts.
About di Rosa:
di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art presents contemporary exhibitions and educational programs for all ages and maintains a permanent collection of notable works by artists living or working in the San Francisco Bay Area from the mid-twentieth century to the present day. A wide range of styles, media, and subject matter provides an overview of the creative energy and freedom to experiment that characterize this region of California. Protected in perpetuity under the Napa County Land Trust, di Rosa features multiple galleries, a sculpture park, and a 35-acre lake, all located on 217 scenic acres in Napa Valley’s famed Carneros region. For more information, visit dirosaart.org.
- Manage and grow a prospect portfolio of approximately 50-100 individual prospects through an active schedule of personal solicitations, cultivation visits and stewardship activities, tracking this information in the donor database.
- Identify, qualify, and solicit new donor prospects.
- Prepare strategies for individual donor engagement, solicitation and stewardship at all levels of the individual gifts program: membership, Patrons Circle, annual fund and major gifts.
- Support solicitations by Executive Director and Director of Development as needed, preparing background information and helping develop strategies.
- Create written materials to support fundraising, including donor cultivation materials, visit reports, solicitation proposals and acknowledgements.
- Work with Development Database Administrator to identify donors and members for upgrade asks, leadership gifts, and planned giving.
- Manage di Rosa’s Patrons Circle donor group, planning and implementing donor trips and cultivation events with a goal to increase membership and upgrade giving levels
- Identify stewardship and cultivation opportunities that deepen donor engagement with di Rosa such as intimate receptions and small dinners. Oversee execution of such activities.
- Ensure accurate contact management and donor records are maintained in the database.
Work cooperatively with other staff and attend monthly staff meetings. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Working Conditions: di Rosa is located on 217 acres in the Carneros region of Napa Valley.
Applicants must be comfortable with and enjoy nature, including native waterfowl. Must be able to actively lead and participate in tours on rugged terrain. Must possess a car and valid driver’s license and be willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred, direct solicitation experience required.
- Strong organizational abilities, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Ability to strategize, keeping cultivation and solicitation activities moving simultaneously
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and a willingness to participate in activities and assignments that help meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Knowledge of contemporary art and the art world is important but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to be tactful, astute and diplomatic in order to build personal rapport and effective working relationships with Board Members, staff, donors, organizational partners, artists and other stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); proficient and experienced with databases (Salesforce and Patron Manager preferred), digital file management and web-based research and applications.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Availability to work weekends and evenings as required.
To Apply, Please Provide the Following:
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the position
- Resume with education, employment history, and contact information for 3 references
- Application materials should be emailed in PDF format to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. To learn more about di Rosa, visit www.dirosaart.org
Please note: di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, marital status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status, sexual orientation or other bases protected by law. di Rosa makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities as defined by and in compliance with California law.
Apply online | Apply by email