Wildlands Arts Residency
Wildlands Art Residency was founded with a deep commitment to art, to the environment, and the synergy of each illuminating the other.
The retreat-like setting and beauty of the landscape offers artists a quiet place to focus on their work without the demands of regular daily life, and to be responsive to the experience of spending time surrounded by nature. The founders wish to share their Sonoma County home and land in support of individual artists and the greater Bay Area arts community.
Wildlands will hold one three-week session for 3 selected artists from May 23rd – June 13th, 2020. Please subscribe to our email list below to receive announcements about the 2020 Program.
Eligible applicants in all mediums are encouraged to apply — painters, writers, musicians, dancers, architects, other.
Artists must be:
- established, dedicated, practicing artists
- self-sufficient and comfortable in an isolated rural environment (please note on your application any food or environmental allergies)
- able to take the time away from jobs, family and other day-to-day obligations and routines, in order to be present and committed for the duration of the residency.
- 21+ years old
- not enrolled in school during residency
- able to arrange own transportation to/from Wildlands
- available for an orientation dinner on the first day of their residency
- previous artists residency recipients can re-apply after a period of 3 years